Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Present..and Past

However much we live in the present, the past is always there
the days of childhood, when we had no cares
hopefully, or if we did have worries, they were few
for the present is always full

doctors and dentists, health and money
cars needing fixing, worries aren't funny
still there is the place where thoughts can go
childhood friends of long ago

best childhood pals...of human and animal kind
days spent with no mind
to doctors or dentists, health or money
but is it bright out, is it sunny?

where shall we go? where have we not gone?
will you come with me? come along
we'll ride the trail, we'll climb the hill
we'll ride until


the light fades and we'll go on home
life was like a poem
following along
flowing through our minds like a song

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I miss the simple times of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always says, You don't miss your water until the well runs dry. That's exactly how I feel about my past. I have to remind myself that these ARE the good old days I'll be lamenting about years from now.

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that poem..so true..thanks for stopping by my blog last night...it was her parents..

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you truly have captured the past and the present.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete